The Illinois Education Association-NEA’s mission is to effect excellence and equity in public education and to be THE advocacy organization for all public education employees.
Why be an IEA Member?
IEA is your organization. It amplifies the voice of education employees throughout Illinois to further our mission of making sure every student has an opportunity to attend a great school. Your membership also provides you with what you need to be successful in your career and connects you with many other benefits including professional development, discounts, liability insurance and other perks.
We are EXPERTS in what we do!
- We’re fighting to protect public employee pensions.
- We provide frontline lobbying efforts for education reform and improving public schools.
- We’re there when you need us for legal representation.
- Our program development department provides training, research,computer services and professional development.
- We have 22 field offices located around the state to provide assistance and support.
- The field offices are the vital link between you and IEA Headquarters.
- The communications department keeps you informed